This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Contest Winner: Worst Road Trip Story

Wow. I'm never going on a road trip with any of you.

There were some really horrific stories, and I don't think I'll ever be able to quite erase the images of all of the bodily fluids being evacuated by someone or another in or around a car or on someone's shoe.

And disgusting and mortifying as those moments were, I really couldn't choose any of them as the Worst Road Trip Story. Because they were moments; I needed something a little more...lingering; a little more spectacularly road-trippy.

So, in light of that random, arbitrary, and dictatorial condition, the winner of Worst Road Trip Story and an autographed (by me) copy of Stefanie Wilder Taylor's Naptime is the New Happy Hour is:

Naptime

Stacie.

Her story involved not only pets, children, an impatient partner, getting lost, tears, dramatic phone calls, the car breaking down and unexpectedly overnighting and sneaking pets into a motel, but also Texas. Plain View Texas. It was a National Lampoon kind of road trip. It has that perfect combination of Road, and Trip, and it lasted for days.

So congratulations Stacie. As soon as I finish reading and annotating Stefanie's book I will send it on to you. I will also take requests for personal notes to be left on the pages (although this is a family show, so, no, I will not include a picture of my moobs).

For the rest of you. Yeah. No book for you. You can buy your own copy.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratz Stacie! It was really funny!

Anonymous said...

Wise choice, dude.

Stacie has killed any desire I ever had to road trip with my family with her tale of woe.

for a different kind of girl said...

I will work the powers of my long standing internet friendship on Stacie, and I predict this hypnotizing impact I possess will transfer from me, onto her, and she will unleash that power upon you, and there will be moob shots.

Oh, yes. There will be moobs.

And they will be mighty.


(oh, look at that. I'm under Redneck Mommy!)

Manager Mom said...

Damn. I never win anything. Oh wait! I didn't enter.

Anonymous said...

You know mine is better.

Anonymous said...

I mean, mine.

Anonymous said...

I totally dig that FADKOG is under me.

Just where I want her to be.

Nature Girl said...

LOL! Cool beans! I tell ya, it was one road trip I will never forget! But it was fun reading the others as well. I was in good company. I'll have to post my story on my own blog soon.

And stay tuned, we're due to move again in March-June of 09 only this time, I'll have a GPS system purchased by none other than DH for when I moved myself and the kids from CT to our current home in DC. Crazy times I tell ya..

Thanks Backpacking Dad! You Rock!

I can't wait to read the book!

Backpacking Dad said...

Wendy: You spelled "congrats" with a "z". And by "z" I mean "zed", because that's how I roll.

redneck mommy: I'm hiring a plane.

FADKOG: No. Flippin'. Way. No many motha-uckas, -uckin' with my shi-.

manager mom: see what happens when you don't read every single word I write??

aea: yours wasn't a road trip story. it was a driving story. so it didn't quite make the grade.

redneck mommy: get a room, you two :}

stacie: I think we need an injunction to keep you from ever taking another road trip.